Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Nonesuch # 184 T-shirt Tuesday

I think I first saw this done over at The Real Kidd's blog. Thought it was a good idea. Was going to take the camera home with me and take photos of my what I think is cool, collection of t-shirts. Of course I leave the camera at work, so...I had to go searching for images of my t-shirts which doesn't sound that difficult but when you realize that some of them are 10 years plus old, I just cannot find a lot of them. But, I did come across this one. I bought it at lollapalooza 1995. For some reason I thought it was 1996 but the lineup at Wikipedia tells me different. Great show, we saw:

Pavement - 2nd of 2 shows we saw them that year.
Sonic Youth - 1st of 2 shows we saw them that year.
Mike Watt - fuckin awesome to see this guy in person. One of the greats. We were hoping the Sonic youth folks would join him but it didn't happen.
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
hole - which I like to forget. She was drunk and hit on some guy on the front row and almost got into a fight with someone. Glad to see that one end.
Cypres Hill - left that one after 2nd song, I think
Superchunk - local band, where are they now?
Beck - for some reason I forgot we saw him. Huh...
Moby - I forgot he was there as well. I think we heard him but was watching Mike Watt during his time. Wasn't too into his music then so it didn't matter.

Anyway, good times I tell ya. So, here is the shirt. I got a lot of teasing over the years for this shirt. Go figure. I just thought it was cool.



Next week I will have pictures of my actual shirts.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Thats a cool shirt..

That does it..I am Tshirt tuesday-ing it too.

GERBEN said...

Well welcome to the club. LOL, I am so happy to have fellow TT bloggers! You and Anne rock! Cool shirt by the way. Some of my favorite shirts have been ones I got from concerts. Too bad I didn't take care of them and most are gone now.

Jonathan said...

My problem is, will I be able to find my shirts that I want to show people. I had a bad enough time looking for one today. Shoot, I didnt even use google images. That may have helped.
:)