Monday, July 17, 2006

Nonesuch #183 Yes, we're gonna have to go right to ludicrous speed.

Well, my DSL is all hooked up and going strong. I hope to never have to go back to dial up ever again. The set up was straight forward but I broke my long telephone wire so I have all the equipment spread across the living room floor but as soon as I get a new wire and I can get set up with high speed and wireless. It really improved DDO(dungeons and dragons online). I dont have has much lag and when I do have it, it goes away faster. I havent done a full group yet but with 3-4 folks I saw no problems. The only problem I do have is with the way I play the game. I need to get better, I do stupid things that get me killed and slow the group(s) down. I think now that I have DSL and am up to speed with the game, I will get better with time.

And that was my weekend in a nutshell. Yeah, I know exciting times. I did take some pictures of a sunflower that I have. It is so hot here, mid 90s, heat index over 100. Tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far. Most of the summer break is over and I really havent done anything that I planned. I seem to be busier at work during the summer than I am during the regular part of the year. It feels like catch up but I am not behind in anything. Its just the way it feels.

Thinking aboud doing a Soda Sunday where I talk about new drinks I am trying in my search for a diet soda I like. Not really a diet drink but I enjoy Arizona Grapeade. From the makers of Arizona teas, they also have lemonade, orangade and fruit punch. I really like their Lemon Tea.
I also tried the new 7up all natural soda. It was ok. It tasted like 7up but didnt have the fizz I remember it having. Still I drank a 2 liter yesterday so it isnt that bad.

Hmmm, if I came up with a theme for each day of the week, what would folks think? I tend to favor a random rambling format but some kind of regular pattern if you will, may be a good thing. May try it out.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Hmmm..grapeade..that sounds good. I really like the orangeade. And I am a big fan of Arizona raspberry tea.

Im down with the themes...but you cant quit the rambles completely because I like them. But I am intrigued by the themes...

And yeah..heat sucks right now.

Jonathan said...

I started this blog so I could comment on my college roommate's blog. Then I thought I would just post about things that I like, music, food, computer games. Then I thought, hey I can carry on the stream of consciousness ramblings of the beat generation tradition. Am nowhere knew that level I know. So who knows...I dont consider myself a good writer, never have. Sometimes I just know I have to put something down.