Monday, July 31, 2006

Nonesuch #193 More Soda Sunday on Monday etc

I came across this new diet soda and felt that I couldn't wait till next week to talk about it. It is:
Jazz diet pepsi strawberries and cream. There is also black cherry french vanilla available as well. It does a good job of masking the diet part of the soda but I am not sold on the strawberries and cream part. May try the black cherry one next.

I also forgot to mentioned this other drink I found. Pangleheimers' Spicy Hot Ginger Ale. It is very good, spicy hot. Certainly not a chugging beverage but a sipping one, very good cold. It reminds me of Blenheim ginger ale and I am not sure which is better. Both are certainly not your run of the mill ginger ales.


Had an ok weekend. Went to Sally's birthday dinner Friday night in Durham at the Cheesecake Factory. I really liked that place, the food was really good. We got this large appetizer (4 plates of food). It has Avocado Eggrolls, Spinach and Cheese Dip, Pot Stickers, Summer Rolls, Quesadilla, Corn Cakes, Buffalo Blasts and Calamari. The potsickers and qeusidillas were the highlights to me. The birthday girl had the steak diane that came with a sculpture of mashed potatoes rivaling the Close encounters of the third kind mashed potato tower that Richard Dreyfuss built. She said it was very good. She also had a Pink Lemonade adult beverage. I had the crabcake sandwich which veing good was not what I was looking for. Should have gone with one of their burgers whick I will do the next time I go. The other girl, Lawgirl, had the Chinese Chicken salad which had rice noodles towering 5 inches above the plate. She couldnt finish it it was so huge. Her husband, MS had the Santa Fe Salad I think. They both had mojitos...moooojitoooos...
The last person, KR, had the herb crusted filet of salmon. He too has a tower of mashed potatoes but not like the birthday girl. We all ordered cheesecake to go. But as we were getting ready to leave our waiter brought out a mini hot fudge sundae with a candle on it for Sally. She blew out the candle and we passed it around. It was very good, a precursor to what the cheesecake would be. Sally got the dulce de leche caramel cheesecake, KR got the Godiva Chocolate cheesecake and I got the brownie sundae cheesecake. We all were so full, it was the next day before Sally and I had our cheesecake. Very good. Sally's boyfriend BassCat(he's a professional fisherman and pretty damn good) was not able to make it Friday. They celebrated Sunday night. Sally's Mother and Grandmother came Saturday afternoon, so she had three days of birthday goodness. Her birthday was Saturday, the same as Wil's, for those playing along at home. I came home Saturday afternoon and didnt do much for the rest of the weekend.

8 comments:

Kelli said...

I cant wait to check out those drinks..they sound good!

I love the mojitos at cheesecake. I just love a good mojito...

And mashed potatos.

Yum..

Jonathan said...

my Mom had never heard of the cheesecake factory so she asked "Does everything have cheese in it?" I had to think and just about everything did have cheese on it. I am making myself hungry just thinking about it.

Kelli said...

They dont sell the Pangle-(whatevers!) in Texas! Not fair. They sound so good..all of them. I have to try them! I am waiting for a response to see if they will ship them.

I am not officially obsessed with trying them.

And I am making myself really thirsty. Really really thirsty.

Jonathan - good buddy good pal..if worse comes to worse I may be asking you to ship me some. :)

Kelli said...

Thats supposed to be NOW instead of NOT.

I wonder how many comments I will end up leaving you today?

Im a little spastic..dont mind me.

Jonathan said...

Sure thing :)
I think Pangleheimers is pretty new.

Kelly said...

I love ginger beer but it has to actually taste of ginger. A lot of the ones we get over here are rubbish!

Moobear said...

Hi neighbor, I am in Albemarle. I had my first experience at The Cheesecake Factory last year in Cleveland, Ohio. The hour wait was worth the sore bottom to me, well to everyone but my husband. He is one of those "quare" eaters and he thought he was getting Albemarle spaghetti I assume, but all along it was as it still is, classified as the "unknown what" dish. I have told him never to order something you cannot pronounce w/o asking someone first! Know you are much younger but old folks like to have fun too. Good blog, keep up the good work.
God Bless!

Jonathan said...

Moobear- hello to you! I know I will be going back to Cheesecake Factory. It was so good. I just dont know when I will go again.