Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Nonesuch #189


Today is Jeremy Piven's 41st birthday.

Here's to the guy that brought us PCU:

Droz: What's this? You're wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy.

Droz: What's Your major?
Sanskrit Major: Sanskrit
Droz: Sanskrit. You are majoring in a 5000 year old dead language?
Sanskrit Major: Yeah



To the guy that has showed up in many John Cusack films including:

Say Anything
Mark: Give me my Firebird keys!

Grosse Pointe Blank
Paul: 10 years!

Serendipity
Dean: You're the shit!
[man next to him on plane looks over at him thinking he's talking to him]
Jonathan: [to the guy] That would be me, the shit.


One Crazy Summer
:
(couldnt find a quote from him in this one) I think this is the only movie with both of them in it where Piven is not Cusack's best buddy.

and others.

Another great movie:

Singles
Doug Hughley: You're the only man I know who could mix Elvis Costello and Public Enemy!
[singing]
What's so funny about... peace, peace, peace... love and under... peace, peace. / Death Row, what does a brother know? peace, peace. / Yow, wow, wow, wow, wow, kapow! You're the King, man, you are the King!

Cupid
A great show that didnt last much more than half a season and from what I understand there are no plans for it to be released on DVD.

And I almost forgot Old School
Dean Pritchard: Actually, my name's not Cheese anymore. It's Gordon Pritchard.
Beanie: Oh yeah. Cheeeeeese. Yeah, didn't we lock you in a dumpster one time?
Dean Pritchard: Yea, I got out.

His parents, Joyce Piven and the late Byrne Piven, founded the Piven Theatre Workshop. Classically trained at his parent's theatre school in Evanston, IL, he formed a long lasting friendship with John Cusack, who trained with him. That alone makes him cool.

4 comments:

~ Amanda X&O said...

I love this guy, he's hilarious.

Kelli said...

I really like him too! Especially in Serendipity.

Jonathan said...

Well, Serendipity is one of your favorite films...
He's one of those "stars" like Cusack that you can relate to and see having beers and talking shit with. A real person.

Virginia Belle said...

i have a secret crush on jeremy piven. and also jay mohr. but i'd probably give john cusack my number too.