Monday, July 24, 2006

Nonesuch #186 Tell me why? I don't like Mondays

Another Monday after a long weekend which:

went by too fast...

didnt turn out they way I thought it would(more on that below)...

was hot until the rain came.

Well, I thought I had more things to say about the weekend. well I do but it really doesnt make sense to continue with a list. I visted Sally and did some banking on Friday. She has helped me set up a few cds to help me save money for what I am not sure. For some reason it feels good to have a nest egg no matter how small. It is growing and with interest rates they way they are now(and rising), its not a bad time to save, that is if you have extra cash to put away. Well, I get there and ends up she has to work Saturday morning, look into a part time job around noon, go to a friend's house to water plants and has a birthday party that evening. 3 out of the 4 of these things I did not know about. The party I knew about and I was going to leave before she went to it. Before that she was going to see if I could come. It was for her boyfriend's sister's husband's father and let me just say I didnt feel comfortable with that situation especially considering what happened last time. So, I came home Saturday morning. I watched the British Open. I played some DDO. Saturday night we ran a nice quest series. I made good coin and am a few thousand xp from 6th level. I did find out I dont get any new spells at 6th which is a let down but I do have some armor and a shield my bank that I can wear once I hit 6th. I tell ya, with the DSL the game is so much more enjoyable. Still have some lag issues but I am working on those with settings in the game.

Cleaned my fridge out yesterday. It needed it. Lets just say I had milk in there from last year. Then I went shopping at WalMart. I am not going to do that on a Sunday afternoon again. Just too many folks there. I bought a new DVD player. Cannot remember if I mentioned it before but for some reason my PS2 would play some DVDs and others it would get all fuzzy. Thought it was my PS2. Its not and I feel really stupid. It seems that with the newer DVD and DVD players, they can tell if you are plugging into through a VCR so it auto-scrambles of course for protection purposes. PS2 had no documentation about this but the VCS did. So, I had to pull out another TV of mine and set the DVD player up on it. BUT, I can watch my DVDs now. Watched some of Chappelle's Show first season. That is one funny man. And watched Hudson Hawk one of my favorite films. I have the Battlestar Galactica mini-series all ready to go when I get home.

Diet A&W root beer passes my test. I will be buying that in the future. I am working on Sierra Mist Free now. So far, it is ok. Not as sweet as Sierra Mist regular but not too bad. Also got some Propel Grape. I like the Berry Propel better I think. It is not as good as the Powerade Option Grape I had last week. I looked for both the Fiji water and the Volvic water. Couldnt find either one of those at Walmart, imagine that. But will look at Harris Teeter next time I am there. I did find this story about Fiji water on the internets

I hope I can remember to bring the camera home this afternoon. I have 3 shirts ready to be photographed for TST.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Im sorry your weekend wasnt as good as you wanted it to be..that stinks. But I am so jealous that you got rain! We were in a 95 degree cool front which was actually kinda nice.

I havent tried the option water but I will have to give it a shot as well as the diet root beer. I dont care much for the diet sierra mist myself. Im always on the look out now for something new so I can tell you about it!

You know..I am really excited about tshirt tuesday. I wish I had real shirts that I could just take pics of. But I have a feeling that I will pbly buy all the ones I pick out on cafepress. Cant wait to see your shirts!

Jonathan said...

It rained some on Friday and another day but cannot remember what day. I know it was after Thursday, I think.

I hope the pictures come out good that I take of the t-shirts. It is sort of dark in my house even in the daytime.

Jonathan said...

Oh and it is 83 degrees today. :)

GERBEN said...

Oh man you got rain?!? No fair! We didn't get any rain, but at least the temps have come down some.

I can't wait to see your TST post. You too Anne. *grin* I have one of my own that I want to snap a shot of and post, but it might have to wait tell next TST.

Jonathan said...

I just got your comment from yesterday afternoon Kidd. Blogger has been acting nutty these past two days.