Thursday, July 27, 2006

Nonesuch # 190 3 for 3

Well, so far I am perfect in the online dating world, if that is what you can call it. I have met 3 very interesting girls through various online dating sites. We seem to be getting along fine, emailing about life, the things we like to do, TV we like to watch, music, books etc and then for some reason, and one by one they have stopped emailing. No reason that I can tell, they just stop. It really makes me wonder what is up. Is it something I said or did not say? Is it something I did or didn't do? Did I pass some magical demarcation line of not asking her to coffee and now she has decided to stop communication? If she does not feel a spark or no longer wants to get to know me, she should tell me and then I can continue my search. But as it is now, I feel hung out and not sure of anything especially myself.

Well, at least I am batting 1000.

PS. Now that I think on it, it is the magical demarcation line. I have spoke of it before as not knowing when I meet a nice girl when to ask her out. It slips by and then, just friends. Well, at least I don't get the "let's just be friends" speech much.

*update* ok. I take most of this back, #3 just emailed me. She has had computer problems all week. So, I eat my words.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

See there...

Now ask #3 out. Coffee is a good choice.

Good Luck Jonathan!

Virginia Belle said...

as a woman who has done online dating, i would get frustrated with guys who would keep emailing and emailing...

if there is a spark, ask her out. don't waste time. what are you waiting for? that's why the women are on there to begin with. we have lots of email buddies. we don't need any more.

we will think you aren't interested if you don't get around to asking us out for coffee.

go for it, dude!

Jonathan said...

anne and VB -
Well, I did it. Asked if she wanted to see a movie and/or coffee if she liked coffee...ok I was nervous typing it up and I sent the email. And then I get a message from the dating site/service saying that this user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted.
oh well...
To be honest, I just dont know when to ask a woman out once we have met. And online dating just makes it that more difficult for me and I have no idea why. Guess I just keep on until I totally give up or I meet someone. And thanks you two.

Kelli said...

Well Jonathan..that just blows.

Im sorry my friend...maybe she is still out there though. Keep your chin up..